cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BPM communicate with FTP and JDBC Adpater??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All Experts,

I have seen a scenario FILE TO RFC TO FILE using BPM, where BPM (integration process) is having a Synchronous communication with RFC and then sends the response to FILE.

SO i just want to ask, can i use other adpater(FIle or JDBC) in BPM for synchronus communication

Plz help.

Thanks and regards,

Vanita Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vanita,

SO i just want to ask, can i use other adpater(FIle or JDBC) in BPM for synchronus communication

You are asking this question in respective to your FILE- RFC -FILE scenario or in general?

If it's in general, you can use JDBC adapter for synch communication inside BPM, but you can't use FILE adapter for synch communication inside BPM.

If I didn't answer your question correctly, can you please rephrase the question!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj for your kind response,

I actually created a JDBC->BPM(having synchronous communication with FTP)->JDBC scenario taking a referance of FILE TO RFC TO File scenario using BPM.

BPM in my scenario is just creating a file with all records that are picked up by JDBC adapter on other system and receiving file name from that system and send it toJDBC adapter for updating filename-field of database for all those records which are picked up.

as you said BPM can't interact with FTP adapter. could you plz elobrate why it can't do so???

and plz suggest me the other way of creating this scenario.

Thanks & regards,

Vanita Jain

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vanita,

If I understand your scenario correctly

You are picking the messages of Database system using JDBC adapter and sending to BPM in PI

After you mapping transformation you are sending the data to FILE system using FTP Adapter

Next you want to get the file name and send it to the JDBC adapter - This point is little bit confusing ,can you please explain me more precisely like who is giving the file name, or do you want the file name which you created using your scenario(which I explained above)

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

you have understood my scenario perfectly.

File name is the name of file which is created on other system by using FTP adapter through BPM.

here BPM is having a Synchronous communication with FTP adapter. so once BPM receive that file name it sends it to JDBC adapter for updating in database.

Plz help

Thanks & regards,

Vanita Jain

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might be a dumb question- Don't you know the name of the file while you creating it (through Receiver FTP/FILE channel) ?

~Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj,

I just want to update a file name in database only if it is created on receiving system by FTP adapter through BPM other-wise not.

i want to synchronize the scenario.

Thanks & Regrads,

Vanita Jain

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I just want to update a file name in database only if it is created on receiving system by FTP adapter through BPM other-
wise not.

FILE does not support SYNC communication in receiver mode.....in sender it supports SYNC by using Request-Response Bean.

For your scenario....the send step to FTP should be Async....in this step make use of the Transport acknowldegement option (blog on the topic is available by Michal)

If sending to the FTP is successful by the receiver channel then you will have +ve ack otherwise -ve....now make use of this ACK status and then send data back to JDBC.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks abhishek for your kind response,

But could u plz give me any such example where Transport acknowledgement status is checked in BPM.

as I m new to it and in Michal's blog its not clearly explained.

Regards,

Vanita Jain

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vanita,

Where are you with this, did you got the solution? I guess we are complicating too much by combining two scenarios . You are saying you want the file name only when you write a file, what does it mean? Can you please explain it.. Just split the scenario and explain what you want to achieve.

I want to help you out, but can't able to coz I'm not understanding the complete flow.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Let me explain my scenario clearly...

I just want to transfer a selected records from database to other system as a file and once that file is gets created than only i have to update the file-name field in database otherwise not. because there may be case when file is not gets created on other system.

so i had created a BPM which receives a records from JDBC adpater asynchronously and then send it to other system for file creation synchronously and then BPM sends a response to JDBC adapter for file name update.

But my scenario is not working, as you said FTP adpater can't be use for synchronous communication.

as Abhishek said i can use Transport acknowledgement option,but am not aware of how to implement this.

Plz help and give example(if possible) ........if you can.

Regards,

Vanita

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vanita,

Can you give me an example of why the file wouldn't be created? I mean are you preventing some messages that shouldn't be written to the file system( Like Business requirement) or you are thinking let say if there are connectivity issues the file got stuck up in the queue - In this case you don't want to send the response back to JDBC because the File got stuck up , Did I understood you correctly?

~Raj.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
send it to other system for file creation synchronously

SYNCHRONOUS mode is not possible with file!

This blog describes the Transport ACK concept: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

The send to file and checking whether the data has been successfully send by the receiver file channel will be almost same for you as shown in the blog.....the Block with Deadline step etc.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Raj,

there may be a case where File may not get created due to some connectivity issue in that case i dnt want to update file-name in database.

Regards,

Vanita

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case the channel wont post the message and will return -ve ack....this should be considered as an input for not updatiing the DB...in the Exception Branch you need to have a Control Step with Action as Cancel process.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Mar 23, 2010 12:49 PM