cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business place and section code substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have defined each product line as division and this is defined SAP as business area.

example

Business area

1010 - A Karnataka ,

1020 - A Delhi,

1030 - A Chennai

1040 - B Karnataka

1050 - B Delhi

1060 - B Chennai

Also defined Business Place and section codes as (both are same)

KA01 - Karnataka

DE01 - Delhi

CH01 - Chennai

So we have multiple business place.

Can I substitute business place/section code based on the business area.

example for Co code XXXX, and accont type = K, and business area = 1010, then substitute business place / section code as KA01 and so.

I have heard that we can subsitute only when there is a single bus. place to be defaulted... let me know if we can do it with the multiple business place as well.

i guess we can maintain a custom table having business area and business place/section code... and default the relvant business place/ section code based on business area through an EXIT.

pls advice

rgds, GS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possibule in substitution.Before going for substitution u need to deactivate the Business place and Section code in Table GL01.

By the constant field option , u r requirement will be going to slove.

Thanks and Regards

Nagaraju sami

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean, in your case, you cannot determine one business place from just one plant, but some business places have possibly been selected by one plant, and from business areas.

You can substitute (overwrite) business place by BAdI: AC_DOCUMENT for financial document (BSEG, BSET and so on). If you have customer developed table for combination between BUPLA and GSBER, this BAdI always will not be maintained when new BUPLA or GSBER are created,

Attention: In standard, BUPLA(Business Place) filed is not substituted by ac_document. you have to enhance the filed for structure: ACCIT_SUB by transaction SE11. please check this with your technical member (See SAP Note 1100850, 899657 for similar cases of ac_document).

best regards, Takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Takashi-san,

I would like to ask for your reference in regards to the issue I got from my current project.

I activate the business place function for country Vietnam

Then, create 2 business places (XX01 and XX02).

Then, do the mapping for sales office and plant

XX02 = XXP2 (sales office - we define 1 sales office only)

XX02 = XXF2 (plant - we define 1 plant only)

Then, for sales/billing posting, the business place XX02 is updated accordingly following the sales office

But at the MIRO transaction, the business place XX02 doesn't populate/derive from the mapping table above.

I was trying to use the substitution function to update with below information but unluckily that BUPLA(Business Place) filed is not substituted

Substitution: Local susbtitution for business place

Prerequisites:

If BKPF-BLART = 'RE' AND BSEG-HKONT = 'XXXXXXXXXX' AND BSEG-BUPLA = ' '

THEN FILL BSEG-BUPLA = 'XX02' AT LINE ITEM WHERE BSEG-HKONT = 'XXXXXXXXXX'

Can it be possible to use the user exit here?

Thanks,
Hai