cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Link of DIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I know that when you wanna upload a original of other module like MM, SD, PS... you have to do following steps:

- Create a master data in other module

- Create a document in CV01N

- Attach some original application file

- Use object link to connect them

But I think user can upload file from other module not enter CV01N. If yes. how to do it ?

P,s,: I saw my partner create DIR from project builder and he didn't need to enter any Tcode of DMS

Regards

An NLP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear An NLP

Without DMS also you can attach documents in different transactions, like CJ20N, VA01 etc....

But documents attached in such transaction can be accessed from that particular transaction & from that particular business cycle. Say for example, you have attached a document to sales order in VA01/VA02. You, or anybody else, who wants to see that document have to open that particular sales order & from there they can see the document. They can't directly access the document. And this same document attached sales order can't be used another sales order or any other transaction. You'll have to again attach the same document (In case if you need same document in another business cycle, like project) can not be attached. If your business needs many documents need to be attached then you would be wasting your database space & such documents can not be accessed directly unless you open it from a particular transaction, from where you have attached the document.

With DMS you have amny advantages. You'll save your database space. You can link/ attach the same document to multiple objects. You can directly access documents etc..

I hope this clears your doubts.

Best Regards

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can link documents with ArchiveLink and still use the content server. Do a search for archivelink and you'll find plenty of posts covering the configuration.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for correcting me Athol

I really forgot to mention about Archivelink.

Thanks again.

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

I understood. Sorry for closing lately