SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identify meter reading is too high, too low, correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have requirement where customer will enter meter reading online (java portal).

after that i need to check meter reading is too high, too low, correct.

and date of meter reading is early, late, correct.

is their any standard FM which i can use?

or do we have maximum, minimum values predefined for meter reading in any table?

i have checked table TE121 but no use.

please guide me

Regards,

sidh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sidh,

I am not sure about the standard FM to check.

But, to check wheter Meter Readings are too high or low (plausible or implauible results), Please check the

customizing settings in the follwing path;

IMG -> SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Meter Reading -> Validations.

Here, we define parameters to check our readings are plausible or implausible. For the independant validation,

you should know the validation class, which you can find it in the Rate Header data.

Regards,

Sathya.

0 Kudos

hi sathya,

thanks for your reply

how can i retrieve those upper & lower tolerance limits from configuration.

for e.g

go to tcode EL31 click on installation, give installation, click on meter reading result and execute.

you will get meter reading then click on MR rec. you will get individual meter reading with

details like upper limit, lower limit etc.

i need these upper/lower limit values.

their is FM "ISU_DETERMINE_TOLERANCE_LIMITS" but this returns some wrong values.

so my search is still going on...

regards,

Sidh

0 Kudos

Hello Sidh,

First you have to use the FM ISU_REGISTER_ESTIMATION. With the result you can call the FM ISU_DETERMINE_TOLERANCE_LIMITS. There you get the MR_RESULT_MIN and the MR_RESULT_MAX.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi,

The way the others have suggested is correct. you can use the tolerance in config validation.

you can enter consumption range against validation class with positive & negative deviation.

example

RESI 1 to 100 +deviation 300 -ve deviation 30

this validation works on base period category

If the base period is previous period, then it will take the consumption of previous month (else previous period last year)

Now the total number of days for previous month are 30 and unit consumed is 900

now we will calculate the number of days to be assessed & multiple it with per day consumption, this will yield expected consumption. for ex. no of assessed days are

28 then 28 *30 = 840 units

from expected consumption you can calculate the min/max consumption depending what you have defined in tolerance

like here 300% positive deviation means total 400% means 840 *4 = 3360 unit max consumption

& 30% negative deviation means total 70% (100-30) means 840*.7 = 588 unit min consumption

Means in this range the consumption will not be implausible (from 588 to 3360), otherwise system will automatically make the reading implausible.

so the

Expected MR last reading +840

Upper limit of MR last reading +3360

Lower limit of MR last reading +588

I hope, it will help in solving your issue.

Regards

rohjin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you need outsorting checks for the meter readings whille billing or invoicing.

Check the [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/EN/c4/07723521faee41e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm] for help.

You need to do crate outsorting check at IMG-> tools

And need to define limits at billing and invoicing for that.

Then you create FM which has same input and output parameters like ISU_VAL_AMOUNT3.

Suppose the outsorting check created is ZEROCHECK then your new FM name will be ISU_VAL_ZEROCHECK.

I hope it helps and I hope this is what you needed.

Good luck.

Regards,

Pranaya

0 Kudos

thanks Pranaya, Rohijn & rest of all

to get upper & lower limits

1st we need to call FM ISU_REGISTER_EXTRAPOLATION

get output values for y_zwsterw, y_verberw pass these

as input parameter to FM ISU_DETERMINE_TOLERANCE_LIMITS

with other necessary paramter and you will get upper & lower

tolerance limits in table yt_limits.

Good day