cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In our scenario, we have done mapping in XI to accept data from a fileserver to R/3 using IDocs.

The IDoc is a custom made IDoc with about 300 fields.

The sytem works fine now.

But the issue is we have missed out a field in the IDoc by mistake.

Now to include the left-out field & do the mapping for that field, I have to modify the IDoc & re-import the IDoc in XI.

My question is, while re-importing the IDoc, will all the existing mapping for other fields be affected?

If so, is there any method to re-import the IDoc & carry-out the mapping for that single field without affecting the mapping of other fields?

Could you please let me know the possibilities for doing the re-mapping without affecting the existing mapping?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Thangesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thangeswaran T.K,

Creating a Mapping template may help you. Just try and please let us know.

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thangeswaran,

It shouldnt be a problem in your case as remaining elements stay as it is , as you re-import and if you see in activation its look like an update for xi. so i dont think you have redo ur mapping.

Let us know.

Vara

[PLEASE REWARD FOR POSTING]

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mapping will not get affected if one field is added, but if there is segment level change then you need to do everything again. You can same your mapping program and import that. reporting will map existing fields again. you can find some blog on sdn to save it.

-Kavita

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many a times, if the message type name i.e Idoc name is not changed, it may not give a problem.

But even I have seen the cases, mapping is redone, when the fields are changed. Because you need to reimport the Idoc into the Target Message type in the mapping right..

Anyway, it is better to copy the existing mapping , so that you can refer, if your mapping is complex.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thangeswaran T.K,

I think when u reimport the modified IDoc, Message Mapping will be updated.

Just try it.

If not.....

Once u reimport, in the message mapping u will have to select the reimported IDOC as the target or source message(depending on the case) by which all the mappings are deleted.

Only way is to define another Message Mapping object and redo the mapping by seeing the old mapping(with old IDOC)

-Naveen.