cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Message on web page from "Message" action block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to show a message in addition to the output of query.

I have used "Message" action block. In the output of xacute query i am getting Message as well as the result of query.

i can get the value of other columns in Grid because its mapped in Illum Document.

but how to show the Message on web page?

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably the easiest way is to add the message as another column in your grid, set the width to 0, and pick up the value from the ONUPDATE method of the grid and display it on your web page as required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

I have already tried that but its still not working . I added message as a column in Illuminator Document but how to map it with the "Message action block".

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eventhough it is not a good idea but helpfull. You can use two Xacute Queries for this. In 1st Map it for illum Doc output and 2nd for Message Output.To get Message Output you need create output variable in transactions and assign this with Message Action Block output.

-Suresh

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Fetch and store the the exact message in local attribute and then map this attribute in illuminator row to the additional column you have added in document while you are mapping the other rows obtained from your resultset.

Only thing which will happen is the message will be replicated for all rows in that column but that shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh