cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map multiple source structures to single target structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the scenario of 2 input files so i am using BPM for it. I have created the message types of the 3 input files. I have to finally generate an XML file which will contain the data of all the 2 files. That is i have to do 3:1 mapping.

Source Structure of File 1:

<b>DT_PWC_Customer</b>

<i>RECORDSET</i>

<u>CUSTOMER</u>

<i><b>REF_NO</b></i>

<i><b>CUSTOMER_NO</b></i>

Source Structure of File 2:

<b>DT_PWC_Customer</b>

<i>RECORDSET</i>

<u>METER</u>

<i><b>REF_NO

METER_NO</b></i>

Target Structure of Final Output File:

<b>DT_PWC_CustomerMeterData</b>

<i>RECORDSET</i>

<u>CUSTOMER_METER</u>

<i><b>REF_NO

CUSTOMER_NO

METER_NO</b></i>

Above nodes i have shown in a heirarchical order..nodes with same indentation are at same level.

Can anybody tell me how to do this mapping in IR in graphical editor.

RAJEEV GUPTA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

I've a similar requirement to do the mapping. Can you please tell me how to do this.

Thanks,

RK.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your message mapping,

go to the messages tab, and in there you can add your Messg. types and then continue on with your mapping !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already added the message types in Message Tab of Message mapping in IR. So i can see as MESSAGE1 my first source file and in MESSAGE2 my second source file. I have to do 2:1 mapping. So tell me how to map the REF_NO field of both CUSTOMER and METER to REF_NO field of CUSTOMER_METER.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To elaborate my requirement, I want to tell that since i will be having 2 input files- one for Customer & one for Meter. I want to finally generate one XML file which will have data from both these 2 input files. That is, if Customer file has 3 records(3 REF_NO, 3 CUSTOMER_NO) and Meter file has 4 records(4 REF_NO, 4 METER_NO), the final output XML file will have 7 records(7 REF_NO, 3 CUSTOMER_NO,4 METER_NO).

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>So tell me how to map the REF_NO field of both CUSTOMER and METER to REF_NO field of CUSTOMER_METER.

u can use a simple concat function to do this,but if i m not wrong and if i remember properly,u can not do N:1 message mapping without BPM,u can do only 1:N mapping without BPM.

Have a look at the following

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

thanx

ahmad