cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SOAP-envelop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When enveloping a message between MQ and XI using JMS adapter, is there any reason using SOAP- instead of the MQ-or JMS-envelop? The communication is pure A2A.

Greetings Theo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theo,

XI by default uses, SOAP as the communication protocol (wht ever may be the scenario)

-Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

As far as I know SOAP is used within XI. In this case a message is sent from MQ to XI. During transport the message must be enveloped. We are thinking of using the MQ-envelop, but maybe there is a reason to put this message into a SOAP-envelop?

Greetings Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>but maybe there is a reason to put this message into a SOAP-envelop?</i>

I think to make the things consistent, the message is put into SOAP-envelope.

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEY theo,

SOAP comes in to picture only after JMS adapter receives it , but why do u want to use custom envelope ?

Please let us know

Vara

[PLEASE REWARD FOR POSTING]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

I dont'want to use a custom envelope within XI. Our architectual principles demand that every message is enveloped with SOAP. Within XI that's the case so no problems there. But when I send a message from MQ to XI this message will have a MQ-envelope. We are looking for reasons why we should envelop this message with SOAP instead (within MQ), or envelop the MQ-envelope into a SOAP-envelope..., because of architectual principles.

So, if you can give me a reasons(s) you get a fully reward -:)!!

Greetings Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i see this is the functionality of ur JMS adapter get the message with envelopes and everything in the format it expects and then convert it into what xi expects.

Now if you change what it expects then how are you going to handle it in the perspective of an adapter .

I am not too sure of what you want to do but i would like to know.

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I get the point. There is no need to envelop the message into SOAP because JMS will envelop this message himself, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep i think once JMS adapter gets what it wants , itwill convert in to what XI wants with necessary envelopes over it

Let us know if this solved ur problem

Vara

Answers (0)