cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 CTS Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

i have developed my scenario in development and it has to be transported to the Quality system. i have soem doubts regarding the Transports.

i am using one SWC for the Sender(XX) and one SWC for the receievr (YY). First i am importing the IDOC from the R/3 system to the IR part into the Receiver SWC(YY) and then i am using it as an External Defination in the SWC of the sender(XX).

When i click on the SWC of snder and click on Export, the SWC, namespace and the folder have been transported.

Same way i am Transporting the ID part and Transporting the entire Folder.

My doubt here is should we also transport the IDOC which i have imported from teh R/3 system and right now it's been kept in the Receiver SWC(YY).

i am confused alot.

please help me out

tahnx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the sender and receiver SWC you have used for the scenario are of same product and the technical system you have created for the ID configuration also includes the mentioned product and SWCs as a prior requirement.

Now just for clarification what drove you go for diffrent SWCs for sender and receiverin ESR/IR..........if its a specific requirement then as you said you have imported the IDOC metadata in imported objects of receiver SWC and created an external defination of that in sender SWC and exported.....that would do as the external defination itself holds all the data type, msg type description of the interface.

Otherwise you can simplify that using same SWC.

cheers,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am using one SWC for the Sender(XX) and one SWC for the receiver (YY). First i am importing the IDOC from the R/3 system to the IR part into the Receiver SWC(YY) and then i am using it as an External Definition in the SWC of the sender(XX).

So your receiver is an IDOC and sender is having same structure as the target IDOC.So if i understand correctly , you will have to transport the IDOC for receiver to run your scenario in next envrment.

As for as External definition is concerned, how you are importing it ? you must be copying the xsd of the IDOC locally and importing it in the external def. in that case there is no connection with the ED and IDOC.

So for sender you need to export the ED,and all the related objects, and receiver you have to transport the IDOC.

Regards,

srinvas