Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Personalization Tab in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My query is regarding how to use the Personalization tab in PFCG. How to build the personalization object et all and link to a role?

The requirement is to build a list of accessable objects (thru a function module, say list of positions accessable) and link it as a personalisation object to the role.

Regards,

KY

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personalization is a way to save information that could be common to users, I meant to a user role... E.g. you can create SAP queries and manage authorizations by user groups. Now this information can be stored in the personalization tab of the role. (I supposed that it is a way for SAP to address his ambiguity of its concept of user group and roles: is "usergroup" a grouping of people sharing the same access or is it the role who is the grouping of people sharing the same access?)

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. It is useful indeed.

But my question is how do we use it?

Regards,KY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapilendra,

You can create the personilazation object in t.code PERSREG and the entry created in this can be link to PFCG and SU01 for role and user. There is option inside the t.code in first screen itself. Just go and check.

Hope this helps.:)

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee

Hello Kapilendra,

did you check already http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/ab/e70538389511d5974400a0c930dcc1/frameset.htm ?

Some more information can also be found in

For the usage in your coding check class CL_PERS_ADMIN in SE80. The method for verifying the roles personalization is GET_OBJECT_ROLE.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys.