cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Key Information??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

On what hardware change SAP Hardware Key depends??Does it depend on RAM,CPU or Motherboard??Which hardware component change will change my hardware key??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you bother searching for Notes?... If you enter "Hardware key" on the search field in SAP Marketplace the third Note reads... Note 174911 - Determining the hardware key (customer key) and explain the concept and the fifth one read Note 793649 - When does the Hardware Key change?

This is a formal warning. Read and FOLLOW the Rules of Engagament.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information..I have gone through both the notes 174911 & 793649 but no where it is written that whether my hardware key changes on changing CPU,RAM??Juan please read the notes before you comment..Please check my question first,do not jump for any comment..I have found in most threads that you try to humiliate others please stop this because you may be expert but not god..You do not know everything in BASIS..Please know how to speak & reply a thread..

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but no where it is written that whether my hardware key changes on changing CPU,RAM??

Quote from SAP Note 174911

On HP UX, AIX, Solaris, and Reliant systems, functions of the operating system are used to determine the hardware key. As a result, the relevant operating system defines how this hardware key is determined.

The hardware key on True64 (formerly DEC UNIX, previously OSF/1) and Linux changes if the computer's network card is replaced. For computers with several network cards, a change in the sequence of cards may change the hardware key. The operating system may randomly switch the internal sequence of the network cards (this has, however, not yet been observed).

Only Windows uses a hardware key that does NOT depend on the hardware. A new installation of Windows definitely causes the hardware key to change.

On OS/390 or z/OS, the key changes when a hardware upgrade is carried out; micro code upgrades may also lead to a new hardware key

I believe that answer your question in detail

I have found in most threads that you try to humiliate others please stop this because you may be expert but not god

This is unfounded, I always post based on my best intention to help... Also is part of my job to keep the forum clean and persuade others to follow the rules.

Yet Again, Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan I have not written that you did not help others..You have solved many of my problems also..But You should be much more polite while replying the threads..Please try to think from the person who is asking you the question..As you are the moderator so everyone will follow you so politeness is VERY important ...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be much more polite while replying the threads

Again unfounded, Im always polite when replying to threads, but abuse has it limits specially when rules are broken in numerous occations by the same user.

I noticed that as we speak you have opened another thread with a basic question which has been asnwered lots of times leaving no doubt that you are expecting others to do the research for you.

Read the "Rules of Engagament", last warning

Regards

Juan