cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing data between views using context mapping

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems that one of the preferred methods of passing data between one view and another in Web Dynpro is to map nodes from the Component Controller context into views to enable the 'sharing' of data between views. I guess this makes the Component Controller Context a sort of global data area.

With the move towards OO and encapsulation of data, does this not violate these principles ? ...or am I misunderstanding the concept ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The programming model used in WD is MVC pattern i.e Model View Controller.

Here the job of view is to just take care of display logic and rendering the UI elements. Ideally view should only contain only context attributes and nodes which are related to modifyin UI element properties. That is the reason why view data is private to the view. Other nodes which contain data should be present in component controller and mapped to the view.

the job of component controller is to act as a container to hold data which is used through out the component .

That is the reason when you generate a service call using wizard nodes and attributes holding data are created in comp controller and not in the view.

Have a look at followin wiki page for more info

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ArchitectureofWebdynproforABAP

Regards

Manas Dua