cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for XD01 and not SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I require a BAPI for XD01 but do not want to use SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL as it is unreleased and hence not a stable solution. The input file that I have contains the field STCD1 (Tax Number), STCEG (VAT registration number) and I am unable to find these in any BAPI.

Is BDC the only option ?

Regards

Rahul Kadukar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am finally using BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATEFROMDATA1 for the fields that I can find in that BAPI and for the other fields I am doing BDC.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

class CMD_EI_API can be used for this purpose

Check the method STRUC_KNA1_COMPLETE , CUSTOMER_UPDATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

avoiding using of SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is really a good idea.

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard during the maintenance of a consumer using the standard customer master data transaction XD01 & XD02.

It is not intended to be used out of the transaction and in no case it should be used out of its original context. Due to the specificity of the function module, out of the original context we may face limitations and data inconsistencies.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator message - Welcome to SCN. Yes Rob