cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to open PDF document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct topic, sorry if not...

One user has a problem when trying to open a PDF document stored in a content repository. She gets an error message, seemingly a Windows error that there's no program association for the file and she should set it in Control Panel.

Strange thing is she is able to open PDF documents from Windows Explorer, so the association should be fine, and other users can display the same file w/o problems.

So the problem seems to be user specific and I wonder whether there's any user specific setting for displaying document types. My guess would be that it's a GUI problem and she should try re-installing SAPGUI, but that would be the last resort.

Thanks,

Krisz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krisz,

could you please check the settings in transaction DC30 for the PDF application. Please make sure that here the value 'pdf' is filled in the field suffix. Because this value is used as extension for the local copy which is created if you display an original file out of a DMS transaction (e.g. CV03N).

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

The problem is elsewhere, I asked the user to log in at a different workstation and she is able to display documents from SAP at another PC. So the problem is not in SAP but either with the SAPGUI or in Windows...

I requested a SAPGUI reinstall, we'll see whether that solves the problem.

But it is certainly not related to DMS.

Thanks,

Krisz

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

I had encountered a similar problem with one of our customers. The issue was a corrupt upgrade happened to acrobat reader. you may try to completely uninstall acrobat reader and reinstall again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions, SAPGUI and Acrobat was reinstalled for the user and that solved the problem (not sure which one though:).

Cheers

Krisztian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krisztian,

Kindly install the ECL viewer 6.0 on your system , if it's already installed then reinstall it.

I hope this will resolve your query.