cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete productgroups in SRM that where replicated from R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I change for example the description of a productgroup in R/3 OMSF, and subsequently download the table content via R3AS, the changes are replicated to SRM.

When I delete a productgroup in R/3 and use R3AS the productgroups aren't deleted in SRM. Probebly because there are dependency's.

How can I delete those productgroups in SRM?

There are some threads that discus this toppic, but they are not clear for me what steps to take.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jorgen van Elten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorgen,

Your best option is to deactivate the Product Category in the Org Structure > Extended Attributes > Product Category.

After doing this the deactivated category will not show in Product Category searches for users so cannot be used.

This will leave the Product Category in place in SRM for any dependent documents.

If you are using Catalogs you will also have to make sure you have no items that refer to the Product Category or shoppers will get an error message.

An error message will also be received if they attempt to maintain a PO containing the removed category.

As always with SAP it's easy to put things into ECC/SRM but a lot harder to remove them due to the historical documents.

Hope this helps

Allen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your reaction.

I deactivated the products categories in the organisational structure. This is a workable solution for our problem.

Regards,

Jorgen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no jorgen we can not really successful in this matter.

remove form orga structure in the extended attributes so he can shop it.

or you can protect them in the badi not to create any follow on docuements.

for contract , we do have note not to show deleted product category.

let it be like that Obsolute product category descriptions so than every one aware they are obsolute. it is very difficult to rid out from our system if any open docuemnts are existing for that.

what are the SRM business objects are you using? f4 badi helps to not to show them to create again.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you for your reaction, but i'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

Is it not possible to delete productcategories from SRM? Or in detail, from the selection list in the web-UI?

Regards,

Jorgen

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no Jorgen.

it is not possible. if the category came from a backend.

reports

COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE - Deletes All Hierarchy and Category Data

COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL - Deletes All Hierarchy and Category Data

COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_SINGLE - Deletion of a product from the database

COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_ALL - Deletion of All Product Master Data

but i will not recommend above reports too.

leave it just like that. it impact your open documents or while archieving.etc..

1239357:- deactivated product category.......sap note refer ..

br

muthu