cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Turkish character in PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For a particular requirement we had to print a layout in smartform and send them as a PDf attachement. The steps are explained below.

1) Create a layout with the Smartform(No spool generated but the OTF is being obtained for PDF)

2) The obtained OTF is converted into PDF and sent as a mail.

While one of this above 2 process the turkish character get changed/corrupted depending upon the users default printer. Could anynone let me know how can I prevent this by manual(Through code while caling SF) providing a printer to the smartform.

Regards

Simin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check OSS note 785564.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is not witht he Device type. I have already created them.

I need to know how will i force the program to use the device type which creating OTR or converting into PDF.

Regards

Simin.

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use device type while calling the smartform. You don't need to do anything different for OTF and PDF conversion. But this is not generally very straightforward the note I sent you related with a lot of different notes and you need to check them again and again in case of any problem. And you need to concentrate on device type and even fonts in the system (if the system is 4.6c or not unicode you may also need to upload a font for Turkish characters into the system)

Regards,

Edited by: Gungor Ozcelebi on Mar 19, 2010 2:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please listen to , he's given you the the source of your problem...

As he indicated the device type matters, because it is used for the PDF conversion. Check out OSS note [625818 - PDF conversion: Turkish support (ISO 8859-9)|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/625818] for a start and search for other relevant notes like [153838 - Turkish Character Set Support in SAP|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/153838].

Cheers, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gungor,

Thanks for the reply. Indeed I have created the Device Type uploaded the required font and the characters are coming fine now. The issue is how can I force the program to use the device type I have created. The program is using my default printer maintined in my user master. I do not want the program to be dependent on the user master printer but force to use the one I have created. Can you please give me some clue of how to acheive this.

I am using a Smartform.

Regards

Simin

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simin,

If I understand correctly, you want to use same device type in any printer. It is not possible and logical in my opinion. Printer is always dependent on device type and you can not change the device type for the printer dynamically (Also I don't see any reason why anyone would want to do that). Only way to force program to it changing the device (printer).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gungor,

Thanks a lot for your help. Infact I am facing some problem when i award points for the replies.

I have explained about where I am in this issue.

I have created a Device Type PDFUC and have assigned to a printer LOCL_UC. I am using the created Printer in the program while calling the smartform. But still the output layout fonts gets disturbed when I change my Default Printer through SU3. Can you guide me to remove the dependency of the printer maintained in the default settings of the user.

Regards,

Simin Raveendran.

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if user_settings parameter is empty while calling the smartform.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gungor,

The User parameter is not empty.

1) If I put a printer which does not support Turkish in the user parameters. The PDF created by the program has junk characters

2) If I put a printer which supports Turkish in the user parameters. The PDF created by the program has turkish characters.

Though I forcibly pass the printer while calling smartforms in the program, Why is the program still depending on the users parameters.

My Need is to remove this dependecy of the program over the default printer in the User Master.

Regards,

Simin.

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pass ' ' to user settings parameter or comment out it. Then it should only get the printer value you pass in the program.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gungor,

The Reason why I want to remove this dependency is because. the interface would be run by many users and it is impossible to remove the default printer of them due to bussiness reason. Could you please suggest me which paramater should I pass in the smartform to force the program to use the LOCL_UC printer.

Regards,

Simin Raveendran.

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try output_options TDDEST and TDPRINTER. You can pass device type name for TDPRINTER and short printer name for TDDEST.

e_output_options-tdprinter = 'POSTSCPT'.

Regards,