cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When i am doing a returns(RE) wrt a so(OR) the quantity in RE(line iten quantity) is the quantity actually delivered.i want know how the system is taking the delivary quantity when i am creating a RE wrt a so?(OR for 10 items, LF for 5 items RE wrt OR then line item qty in RE is 5)

When i am creating the RE wrt a so(OR), if i am taking the line item quantity more than than the ordered quantity, the system is accepting it and i could able to do a returns delivery wrt the RE and do PGR also.How could i restrict this?(OR with 10 items, LF with 5 items, RE wrt OR Line item Quantity if i changed to 20 System is accepting it and i could able to do a PGR for 20 items)

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create copy control between your return order to original billing document in VTAF.

Next, select the item category for the combination of return order type and billing type and maintain "+" for the field "Pos./neg. quantity"

Finally go to OVAH and change message class V4 no 229 to E will work. This will prevent increasing the quantity in return order over and above the original despatched quantity.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

That is the reason you must take reference billing document always if you want to generate return delivery. That way you can control the quantity upto delivered. Sales order reference is meaning less even then required it , use exits and get the checks during return document creation.

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear jagan,

thanks for the reply.will you pls elaborate your answer so that my understanding would be clear.One more point i want to add here is that if i want to create a RE wrt an invoice system is asking for a copy control (RE - F2).

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to maintain copy controls between F2-RE. In case you are using return document with reference to sales order. Ask abaper to write the logic in MV45AFZZ exit.

Logic must be as follows. While creating the return document wrf to OR taken quantity should not be more than OR. If so system has to throw error.

Jagan

PS: If you are getting warning message you can convert into error message also.

Edited by: Jagan Mohan on Mar 22, 2010 2:09 PM