cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to process EWA service session for portal instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I am in process of generating EWA reports for portal ,below are the steps I have completed successfully.

1. SMD agent installation on portal.

2. Defined portal system in SMSY.

3. completed SOLMAN_SETUP.

4. Completed Setup Wizard for managed system.

5. Deploy IS agent via SDM in Solman.

6. Introscope agent setup done for managed system

7. Managed system data is visible in IS Enterprise Manager.

I have created EWA service session for portal but I am unable to process the service session in DSWP ,I have ran SM:EXEC SERVICES job but still I am unable to process the session data.

System Configuratoi: SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 and portal is netweaver 7.0

Thanks

Abullais

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abullias,

many thanks for your swift reply. The original session still has the status of "Dates for this session are overdue". I scheduled another session and modified it to run. This new session is now in status "wait for session data" and has been for a few hours now.

This J2EE only system has the SAP Spend Analytics 2.0 components installed on a standard J2EE NW7 instance - I wonder if the installed products associated with this have a bearing on this problem. In SMSY the leading product set for this system is "SAP Spend Analytics 2.0" which was based on the data read from the SLD for the system.

Also - the EWA session does not stipulate that this session is non-ABAP based session.

I have a message open with SAP also for issues I've had running an ABAP based system through the E2E Diagnostics managed system setup which has the SAP Spend Analytics ABAP components installed.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've resolved it. I looked at the SMSY settings for this system and found that in addition to the J2EE specific SAP Spend Analysis components (OPM Found.UI (non ABAP)) being listed in the Installed Products section, there was also "Spend Analytics" listed and marked as relevant. The Spend Analytics main instance is for the ABAP based components of Spend Analytics which is why I think the issue arose with the EWA report. After making the modification in SMSY to set the "OPM Found.UI (non ABAP)" component as the relevant component and putting the system back into the logical component I released the EWA report and it worked as expected. I've got the report this morning.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as this and have performed all the checks as specified but still my Java only NW 7 system shows "Dates for this session are overdue".

My Solman system is Ehp1 SPS 20 and all the managed system setup using the wizard has completed successfully. In Root Cause analysis I can see the data that the extractors have gathered on the J2EE system and in Enterprise Manager I can see the Introscope data also.

The only thing I can think of that may be affecting the EWA session is that after I added the system into the logical component that is part of the Production solution landscape the scheduled EWA session that then appeared for the J2EE system in the list of sessions had a date set for the next scheduled EWA run (29th March). To test the EWA report for my J2EE only system I used the "change date" option after clicking on the J2EE session and set it to 25th March (this changed on 24th March). The session date then reflected the EWA session for the J2EE only system woul run on the 25th.

Checking the session this morning I have the red flag with "Dates for this session are overdue" status.

The sessions for the ABAP based systems are working fine, it's only this one system that is J2EE only that I have a problem with.

Any pointers ?

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check job SM:EXEC SERVICES running daily or hourly basis.

Check in solman SDCCN in the To do tab is there sesion sheduled for J2ee (non-ABAP: SID) if it is not there then create and refresh the SESSION.

Thanks

Abullais

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know what error you are getting there? the job is getting cancelled or when u generate the report there is no data in that? If it is the later case, please check the date for which the report is generated and ensure that you have made the configurations for the portal system before that week. Else you may need to wait for the respective week.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I am generating report for date 18.03.2010 when I click SAP EalyWatch Alert I am getting below screen I think which is not valid for Java stack.

Dates for this session are overdue

The data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated satellite system.

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the satellite system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Session number: 0010000000429

Thanks

Abullais

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

> The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

Please check whether the back RFC is working properly or not. Check the connection test and authorization test from SM59 for the back RFC.

>

> The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Check whether the Task Processor is active and scheduled in SolMan via transaction SDCCN > Goto > Settings > Task Processor

>

> A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Please ensure Maintenace Package task is scheduled and running priodically.

Also in SDCCN > Goto > Settings > Task Specific > icon next to RFC Destinations > Settings. Ensure the Back RFC to SolMan is set as the master.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I want to generate EWA for java stack not for ABAP stack whatever you said it is for ABAP system and EWA for all ABAP system is working only I have problem with java stack.

Thanks

Abullais

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From SDCCN , the data is captured for both ABAP and JAVA in a similliar way. Your SMD or wily agents transfers the data to SDCCN, from there ABAP takes over the control. So please check the above mentioned points also.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have checked what u said.

1. BAck RFC is working fine.

2. Task Processor is active and it is scheduled hourly basis

3. Back RFC to SolMan is set as the master.

But still facing same problem.

Thanks

Abullais

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is solved by creating REFRESH SESSIONS (SDCCN> task>create-->refresh session)