cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete characteristic combinations with a InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to delete characteristic combinations with a InfoCube.

I generated the characteristic combinations with a InfoCube. Sometimes there are characteristic combinations which are old, then i have to delete them.

So my idea for solve this problem:

When a characteristic combinations is not in the InfoCube but in the planning object structure, then characteristic combinations have to delete.

Is there a Standardway in SAP?

Thanks

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sven,

Once you find the obsolute characteristics in the cube... You can use selective deletion option in your cube to delete the records.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I assume that when you refer to Infocube , it must be history data w.r.t sales, GI etc from which you are generating the CVCs. Yes you can check with your infocube data and existing CVC and delete the identified obsolete CVCs.

As such there is no such standard SAP way for this comparison and deletion and needs to be either a manual or custom program based deletion.

However ensure that Obsolete CVCs are identified by comparing with some time horizon in past and not with just last 1 or 2 month as it could be possible to have no sales in few months but still the product could be active. e.g seasonal sales.

There are few SAP notes for deletion based on the navigational attributes as 965253. You can check if it can be used as an alternate way.

Let me know if it helps

regards

Gaurav Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

In infocubes, data is stored in terms of requests. Hence deleting a single combination might not be possible. While I can think of options like realignment, I would first like to more about this infocube so that we can help you better.

Where does this infocube fit in the dataflow? Where does the planning area source the data from and how is this infocube populated?

Thanks

Mani