cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to shift Fax output to right (smartforms)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I would like to get help regarding the issue below.

We are using SmartForms for quite some time now, where prints and emails are sent to customers.

The forms were created so that the Print would come out correctly related to the positioning of the windows in the SmartForm. This means they have a left margin of 0,6cm.

Since recently we tried to connect these forms to the Fax as well and also this is working.

But the problem we are facing right now, is that whenever we send a fax, the most left part of the document is not shown (like it's falling out of the reach of the printable area)

Does anyone know how to shift the Fax output to the right without touching the SmartForm?

I have searched the internet, but I cannot find a proper solution for this issue that works on our environment.

I know that it is possible to set a Horizontal move for Printers, but for Fax this is not possible.

Before everyone is going to mention that I have to adjust the SmartForm to move the windows here, and adjust the printer settings for the horizontal move, that's not really an option. We have 1900+ production printers, and it's growing every month. So unless there is a generic setting to do this (that only has to be set once) it's not an option.

We are working on a ECC 5.0 system, Sap Basis support pack 21.

All help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the page format defined in smartforms you can compare it with the formats defined in device types (go to spad output devices and device types). If the page size defined in smartforms is different than actual paper size of the fax machine (I guess it is letter), it may be difficut to have any solution other than changing smartform.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Page format is A4 and the fax machine uses A4 as well.

For faxing, there is no specified device type that can be used.