cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SP upgrade required before EhP1 implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am going to apply NW7.0 EhP1 SP05 in my Netweaver 7.0 BI system.

The current SP level of my system is Netweaver 700 SP16.

According to SAP Note 1248905, the Equivalence SP level for the target level (NW7.0 EhP1 SP5) is NW7.0 SP20.

Now is it required to apply SP20 in my existing system (SP16) before applying EhP1 SP05 using EhP Installer?

Or EhP Installer automatically include those?

Thanks and Regards

Manoj Kumar Mandal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Equivalent level does not means that before applying EHP you need to apply SP's.

The thing which you need to take care is e.g. SP17 in netweaver 7.0 is equivalent to EHP1 SPS 2. then you should not apply an EHP stack lower than that but you can apply higher than that. So, whenever you are doing upgrade you should apply equal or higher then equivalent level in EHP.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to SAP Note 1248905, the Equivalence SP level for the target level (NW7.0 EhP1 SP5) is NW7.0 SP20.

An Enhancement package includes all corrections of a specific Support Package level for the comprised components. So, the NW7.0 EHP1 SPs5 will contain all the corrections/enhancements corresponding to the SPs level 20 of SAP NW 7.0 system.

Suppose you did not raise your SPs level of your existing SAP NW 7.0 system (as mentioned SPs value as per SAP Note 1248905) , then an Enhancement package will only updates parts of the system, other parts would remain on a lower Support Package level. Also, You have to consider all other components in your system that are not updated by the Enhancement package. That is why it is recommend to avoid such an inconsistent state of Support Package levels in your system by importing the equivalent Support Package stack for all components.

Now is it required to apply SP20 in my existing system (SP16) before applying EhP1 SP05 using EhP Installer?

Or EhP Installer automatically include those?

You can install required Enhancement packages together with the required Support Packages in one maintenance process. This minimizes the effort, since you do not need to import the Support Packages in a separate step before you start with the Enhancement package installation.

Please refer the concerned EHP Installation guide to get more information.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I think you need to follow as per SAP Note 1248905.

Think is when we apply SP level, we need to follow SP Level Sequence for appying higher SP level or EHp1

Hope it helps,

Regards

Arun