Did you mean: 

Queries on SMQ2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I can see some Queues like

1. XBQ*......7 entries.

2. XBT*.......3 entries.

when i go inide the first Q i get the first message as SYSFAIL so i activate the Q and everything works fine..same is the case for the other Q.

I have 2 Questions..

1. Are the queues that we see in SMQ2 are all EOIO queues ?? i.e both XBQ* and XBT* are EOIO queues here OR

XBQ* is a EOIO queue and XBT* is a EO queue.

In short , How do i know which Q is EOIO and which is EO....based on this i suppose i need to handle the messages in them differently

2. What will happen if i delete a entire Q ( say XBQ* ) . Will i be able to get the messages in Q back or will they be completely destroyed

i have searched a lot on this. Appreciate your direct answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Check the blog references given by Sunil: (entire thread is informative

2) Do not delete a queue in PROD.

In PROD you first move the messages to SMQ3 (Save LUW option) and when the issue is resolved you Restore the LUW from SMQ3.

In DEV you can (last option) delete the queues.....but solving the error and then reprocessing the messages should be given preference.....once the Queue is deleted the message processing also get deleted.

For some more understanding:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Mar 19, 2010 1:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i understand the point now

EO queues start from XBT* and EOIO queues start from XBQ*

Also let me know if the following assumptions are correct.

1. I should not delete the first message stuck as SYSFAIL in the EOIO queue....as the sequence should be retained right.

However i can try to correct the error and resend the first message .

2. I can delete the message in the EO queue if i am not able to restart...i do not have to consider the seuqnce.

pl let me know if this is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should not delete the first message stuck as SYSFAIL in the EOIO queue....as the sequence should be retained right.

yes ...if possible correct the error and resend...even if you delete the failed one in queues...message can be resent from moni even for EOIO..but you need to check for the associate messages and need to resend that also...as it will be in stuck state...

so in short its always better not to delete...if error can be corrected...

I can delete the message in the EO queue if i am not able to restart...i do not have to consider the seuqnce.

yes...

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Mar 19, 2010 2:16 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. I should not delete the first message stuck as SYSFAIL in the EOIO queue....as the sequence should be retained right.

You have only two options....either you correct the error and then try resending the message....if not then delete the message so that at least other messages will be processed.....but do not delete the queue itself.

This particular case of processing stuck-EOIO messages is elaboratly described by Stefan Grube in his blog...please search for it.

2. I can delete the message in the EO queue if i am not able to restart...i do not have to consider the seuqnce

Answer would be similar as above.