cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate component is Support Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Path: Support Message -> Transaction Data -> SAP Attributes-> Component Field, press F4

in the F4 I will get list of components. But for ' MM Material Management' its Grey. If I select MM, system gives error"Software component PP not available , check your entry"

So if I activate this componet MM, then I think it will allow to choose MM & will not give error.

Regards

Praveen K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

I am not sure that u need to activate something to get any specifc componet. I belive it should be activated together. But there are some componets which SAP does not use and they would have mentioed the alternate componet for that in the right side of the selected one. Or if you are selecting a component in which there exists sub component, u may get error.

Could you pleae tell me which component u r selecting?

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

The path which I have mentioned. Path: Support Message -> Transaction Data -> SAP Attributes-> Component Field

In this filed MM comes automatically, since end user has raised the support desk message with MM component.so that it will determine MM support team.

Once the support desk message is in process & if I want to change the component (which is already having MM) in the path :Support Message -> Transaction Data -> SAP Attributes-> Component Field

If I edit this MM coponent & try to enter PP it will give error, but even if I want save it with same MM component it give error. ANy way if I want to select MM from F4 , it will not select, Becoze MM Grey color(Not active)

Regards

Praveen K

Edited by: PK on Mar 19, 2010 10:26 AM

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

You cannot select the componet MM. There are several sub component associated with MM. You have to specify the low end. You cannot go with higher level component MM which covers a lot of other areas. The component is greyed out for all, irrespective of your system configuration, this is to ensure taht no one selects MM, instead you need to drill down and select the appropriate component say MM-CBP-POP for Processing Planned Orders.

Getting MM component directly on your message does not mean you have to go with that. This just gives an indication about the componetn that you need to select.

I hope this clarifies.

Rajeev