cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Internet Explore (web page) from transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to open dashboard pages from transaction.

I have developed dashboard pages which needs to be displayed in sequence.

For this i have created xml in which i will store all url for dashboard.

I there any functionality by which i can open the internet exploer(web page) from transaction.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By 'transaction' do you mean an R3 transaction or a business logic transaction within MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

You will be able to achieve this by using an iFrame in your web page and by using a Javascript timer to set the URLs in the sequence you want the dashboards to appear on your browser.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I would do... (There are other ways, like using an icommand applet instead of the AJAX call to run the transaction.)

Web page with a nav item or button or link that executes javascript to use AJAX to execute the transaction.

The transaction returns the dashboard URL, exactly as Sachin says.

Then javascript, exactly as Sachin says, to send this page to the dashboard or open a popup for the dashboard

For example

1. My button: ...bu t ton i d="dashboardButton" cl as s="button" o ncli ck="startProcessing();" ...Show Dashboard.../button...

2. js for startProcessing() is

--2a. Synchronous AJAX call to URL (using your favorite framework? I use jquery)

/XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=APEX/Queries/EX/confirmProductionOrderQuery
&Content-Type=text/xml&Session=true&Param.1=xxxxxxx

--2b. Transaction has Output properties, one of which could be named dashboardUrl. Use js to retrieve the dashboardUrl value from AJAX returned XML.

--2c. Then, using dashboardUrl, do a window open for a popup or a window location href to change the web page you are on.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sachin,

Instead of MII transaction why don't you use normal javascript to open screens in sequence.

Can you provide more details?

Regards,

Adarsh