cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EM alert framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone worked on customizing our alert framework (send email activity) to send emails to customers in HTML format. Right now we have only text formats.

Also for the Alert framework do we need to defined the fields in the container as what fields needs to be displayed in the email? What if i dont know the number of fields before hand. Example for a sales order i cannot say how many line items i will be created before hand? so can i generate an alert for every sales order that i create listing all the products?

Thanks,

Naveen

Edited by: Naveen Annamreddy on Mar 19, 2010 5:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

if you use an indexed Control/Info Parameter for the line items in EM and mark in the Alert framework customizing for the container element the multiline flag you should be able to see all your line itmes.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i have to define the control / info parameters first, am i right? like CNTRL_MATNR1, CNTRL_MATNR2, CNTRL_MATNR3 etc .... in EM Like this how many should i define ... my sales orders can have anything between 2 to 350 line items? And i also i have make sure that my control/ info parameter extractor (in ECC) has to populate these.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

no you have one CNTRL Parameter say CNTRL_MATNR but with many values distinguished by an index. Just look into table /SAPTRX/EH_CNTRL to see the table key. There is a field called param index

On ERP in your parameter extractor you just loop over your items and fill the parameters with the item number as index.

If everything works correct you then have several control parameters with name CNTRL_MATNR and the item number as index.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steffen,

I believe you meant to say that the PARAM_INDEX is the unique counter 1,2,3,4 for each of the instances of the material number and PARAM_VALUE still stores the actual value of the material number. So /SAPTRX/EH_CNTRL would look like the following:

PARAM_NAME = CTR_MATNR, PARAM_INDEX = 0000000001, PARAM_VALUE = MATERALAAAA

PARAM_NAME = CTR_MATNR, PARAM_INDEX = 0000000002, PARAM_VALUE = MATERALBBBB

PARAM_NAME = CTR_MATNR, PARAM_INDEX = 0000000003, PARAM_VALUE = MATERALCCCC

PARAM_NAME = CTR_MATNR, PARAM_INDEX = 0000000004, PARAM_VALUE = MATERALDDDD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the comment suitably cover what was asked in the question