cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much Maximum data preferred from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How much it Maximum data is preferred to transfer the XI.I have the approxmately 170 MB of data,This message is struck in queue(SMQ2) from past four days still "Transaction Running" Status and SXMB_Moni shows the Block arrow with status called " Recorded for outbound processing".

If i use the small amount of data XI reached target side successfully, But in case of large amount message is struck in SMQ2.

In my scenario real time data having the large amount only.

Can you please suggest me .

Thank you ,

Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Data Transfer capacity in XI server depends on the Hardware configuration of the XI server.

If you are uploading data into SAP (file 2 Idoc), then you can split the source file using communication channel config.

Regards

Abhijit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

How much it Maximum data is preferred to transfer the XI.

Its depends on your hardware configuration:

a. No CPUs, b. Memory, c. No of Java Server nodes, d. No of Application Servers

You can set the vlue of the parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT under category TUNING from 0-2097,151 KB in SXMB_ADM...

Also refer the following blogs...

/people/aayush.dubey2/blog/2007/10/10/zip-transfer-unzip-increase-the-performance-of-your-java-abap-applications

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

regds,

Pinangshuk.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change your interface design,trasfering 170 mb file at a time it is not a right decison.

split the file in to small chunks,and process it.abhishek alredy pointed out use Recordset per message option in file adapter.

or use JAVA Proxies ,other alternative.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Please look into following link ,I think you will have your answer in that:

Regards

Ravi Anand

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It totally depends on your Hardware Config.....if the config permits i would suggest that you incrrease the JAVA Heap size....this will improve the performnace for the given h/w config (it cannot be extended beyond a certain % of the RAM).

If possible try scheduling such high volume interfaces during time when the load on the server is less.....if not possible then increasing the available resources seems to be one option (RAM, hard disk space)

Another option is the use of Files per recordset option in the file channel...there is even a bog by Sravya on the same topic.

Regards,

Abhishek.