Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when use table or template in smartform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I haven't yet understand how to use table and template in smartform.When I should use table or template ? and what data format transfer to them.Pls help me ! thanks !

DinhLam,

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dinhalam ,

The tables are used to display dynamic items like internal tables , because they grow according to the amount of data , whereas the template is an fixed structure and it doesn't grows . The template can be used for fixed data like displaying the header details and the table can be used for item details .

regards,

gurunath.p

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Table : Use to display the dynamic data, where you can't determine the no.of records in the internal table. So it can wrap into the next page according to your setting in the smart form.

Template Same like table, but it has the fixed length and it cant wrap more than the size specified.

Thanks

Praveen

former_member418469
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I give an example

Table:

A product may have single or multiple delivery dates in that case we will go for node Table. As the delivery dates will appear in a single line or multiple lines which we are not sure

Template:

We know that value will be displayed in fixed lines. Eg : we are sure that material no. will appear in a line..

0 Kudos

Thanks all for your anwers !

About format data for transfering to table or template ? Internal table or structure,when and how use it ?

Thanks ,

DinhLam,

Edited by: dinhlam on Mar 19, 2010 7:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a more usefull answer ! Help me !

0 Kudos

check out the documentation

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/de6838abce021ae10000009b38f842/frameset.htm]

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Thanks all !

DinhLam,