cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Type to print Vietnamese Characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I can print Vietnamese characters in a laser printer using the device type SWINCF and Access Method F (Frontend printing).

Now I want to print using Access Method U (Print using Berkeley Protocol) in a network printer (located overseas). I am using a unicode device type ZHPUTF8F because our SAP system is running under Unicode (ECC 6.0). Unfortunately the printout for the Vietnamese characters are wrong (garbage characters). Is it possible to print Vietnamese characters using a device type other than SWINCF? The printer model that I am testing with is HPLJ 4250.

One more thing, we will be needing to print using a dot matrix printer. Is there a specific device type that can print Vietnamese characters for dot matrix printer (e.g. Printronix)?

Thanks,

Andre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPsprint and device type SWINCF solved my problem.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Device type WINCF is good for normal printing but we have also a barcode on one form.

the barcode is not printing with this Device type!

Any ideas?

Edited by: Mario Thomas on Jul 1, 2010 1:22 PM

0 Kudos

No Ideas?

Has anyone tried an other device type for vietnamese printing?

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

can you please check / implement SAP note 1079665 and look whether this solves your problem ?

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @Andre Reforma,

How did you solve problem? could you please let me know in detail? I faces the same issue as yours.

Thanks,

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

did you check SAP note 750219 that all listed prerequisites are met ?

Regarding other printers and Unicode support, please have a look at:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1015a496-94d5-2b10-3c8e-845ff5548...

or apply SAP note 1036961.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

Edited by: Nils Buerckel on Mar 19, 2010 5:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Andre

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I have the same printer with the same problem.

Is it already working?

Which settings do you used?

I had in china the same problem. there we use a HP chinese driver with font module in the printer.

Rg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

We installed SAPSprint in the print server. If you are using SAPLPD currently, you must uninstall it first before installing SAPSprint. The SAPsprint software can be downloaded in service marketplace.

After the installation, you can now use the access method U and S to print directly to the printer.

Hope this will help you. Do not hesitate to ask me for any clarification

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

which SAP printer driver do you use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used SWINCF for cascadin fonts. But I think you can also use SWINCFC.

Best regards