cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVS

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use the Extended Value Selector as the number of entries that are going to be fetched are huge. The values will consist of a Key and a Descriptoion. However in the EVS i want that only Description should be displayed but when the user selects a particular entry i should be able to get its key and do further processing. It this possible.

Also is there a possibility that i can restrict the user from entering anything in the InputField and select a value only from the EVS that i pouplate.

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>...However in the EVS i want that only Description should be displayed but when the user selects a particular entry i should be able to get its key and do further processing. It this possible.</i>

It is possible with OVS. No way to do the same using EVS. Really, give OVS functionality a try, it is not so complex.

<i>Also is there a possibility that i can restrict the user from entering anything in the InputField and select a value only from the EVS that i populate.</i>

No, this is impossible. If you set "read-only" flag on input, you'll be unable to invoke EVS / OVS value help

Regards,

VS

0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the input. I would like to know one more thing which is .. is there any way in which we can allow multiple selection in EVS or OVS. I have this requirement.

Can you please give any suggestions.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple selection also unsupported for good reason -- how you split / merge multiple values selected in <i>single</i> attribute?

We have the same requirement recently and what we've done is custom component that raises pop-over with multi-selection table. Sure, we have to split / merge selected values in single attribute ourselves, thanks God data format was quite simple (words and semi-colons as separator) and regular across whole application.

Regards,

VS

0 Kudos

Hi valery,

Thanks actually we have implemented this way only as of now. A popup is shown with a multiple selection table with check box as the first column of the table.

then we just use all the selected value and concatenate it.

Regards

Sidharth