cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have this confusion performing remote client copy. I'm about to perform client copy from PRD 362 to DEV 382 (newly created client). When I execute SCC9 in the newly created client DEV 382 the following is shown.

Target Client: 382

Selected Profile: SAP_ALL

Description: All Client-Specific Data w/o Change Documents

Source destint.: PRD_362_REMOTE_CL_COPY (RFC that i created through sm59)

System Name: DEV

Source Client: 362

My question is: Why is it that in System Name, DEV is being displayed w/c is supposed to be PRD since its the source client?

I cannot change it from DEV to PRD. Do you know how to change it?

I know that in System Name, this is supposedly the source system.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the RFC which you have created.

PRD_362_REMOTE_CL_COPY

The RFC which you have created should contain the information of Production system and not the developement system.

It seems like you RFC contian the information of Developement system.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Does my RFC created for DEV and PRD system should be the same? Like for instance:

in DEV, PRD_362_REMOTE_CL_COPY

in PRD, PRD_362_REMOTE_CL_COPY

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have configured my RFC correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by: Eleazar C. Esquibel on Mar 19, 2010 6:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, as far as the name of RFC is concerned it can be any..but coming to details in RFC like ip address and system number and details in logon settings should be of target system. Like say if you are creating RFC from DEV to PRD in development system then in ip adress and system number you have give the ip of production system and also in logon settings you have to give the client and login ID details of production system. Similalry other way when you are creating rfc in production for PRD to DEV then you have to give the develoment details.

Where as coming to name of RFC better if you give it different names....

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I just did exactly what you advised and it works.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your RFC connection

Also check user name and password used in RFC and their authorization

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you have created the RFC connection wrongly. Create one RFc connection in DEV system which should refer to PRD 362

at that time, when you do RFC connection, It is needed to provide PRD 362 logon credentials. after you created RFc connection make sure, you can do remote logon to PRD 362 from that RFC connection

Thanks and regards

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check inputs in logon settings of RFC connection which you have created. And also RFC connection has to be created from two sides i.e., RFC from DEV to PRD and PRD to DEV.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath