cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.1 SAP Service to change account to write to networked folder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is similiar to the following thread:

I have a networked drive I want to write a file to and do not know which service needs to be changed to use a service account that has access to the remote location. I thought it was SAP<SAP_ID>_97 since that was the only service using the .\SAPService<SAP_ID>.

However, when I changed that service to use an account that has write permission the remote directory and made the service account a member of the same groups as the SAPService account was, it was still unable to write? How would this be done? The SAPService<SAP_ID> account is local to the Netweaver box and so can't be granted access to the remote folder.

In 11.5, I could change the service ServletExec-xMII to use a service account that had networked access and then it would be able to write to the networked drive.

Thanks,

Kerby

Edited by: Kerby Johnson on Mar 19, 2010 1:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump.

The Netweaver CE Installation guide says that the SAPService<SAPSID> is the user that is the Windows account to run the SAP system. This is a user that is local to the box that Netweaver is installed on and so can not be granted access to a remote file share.

How would I enable MII to write to a remote file share in 12.1?

In 11.5 I just changed the ServletExec-xMII service to use a different user that had access to the file share and the same MII permisions and that worked fine. What Is the equivalent method in 12.1?

Thanks for the help,

Kerby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerby,

not sure this will work but worth a try.

Assuming you are under windows 2003 you can mount a network drive to you computer. You won't require to get the NW account allocated to the remote folder but to a local folder. That should solve your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307889

Cheers,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you would also be able to just connect a network drive.

Cheers,

Arnaud

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also take a look at the FTP action blocks.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arnaud and Michael. I actually had looked at both of those methods, but since we are doing a migration from 11.5 to 12.1 on a different project of MII than what we have already done, the desire is to keep all the same functionality of 11.5 if possible.

Is it possible to do it with a service account/granting file access ala how 11.5 can do it with ServletExec or is an alternative method required?

Thanks for the help.

Kerby

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked when I granted the domain account SAPServiceMDT access to the networked folders.

Thanks