cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a Context attribute to Context Node in Standard Web Dynpro Compo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to update a Context Node, not able to update it. I need to add attribute under this Node in a Standard Web Dynpro.

How to do that? Please advise. If I am doing through Context Node Right click on "Creating using the Wizard -> Attrubutes from Component from Structure, I am not able to see the filed in Portal. Portal is connected to SRM Webdynpro and not dispalying field.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may not get an 'add attribute' option if its mapped. You may have to delete the mapping first then add the attribute and then remap it.

0 Kudos

Hi Monica

Step1: U have added attribute to std comp controller and mapped to corresponding ui

Step2:If you aware of field control concept, check for the existence of the same and customize the respective entries

If u r not aware of field control > drill down all the nodes in the context of comp, look for nodes with attributes name followed by some common sufix as follows.

Attribute Name = user_field

Node = user_field_ui

Because the visibility is handled centrally somewhere where your field is not recognized, it is hidden in ur application

0 Kudos

Hi Monica

If i understand you problem correctly u r not able to add a attribute to ur context.

If your context is mapped one, u have add the attribute to your node via context of global Component Controller

and come back to context of your local view and say update attributes of you node.

Hope this is wht you are lookin for.

Regards,

Rajashree