cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Enhancement Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My question is regarding Enhancement Framework. I want to know the order in which we can consider Enhancement Framework for our ABAP enhancements.

Prior to EF, for changes SAP recommends the following order;

Personalization e.g transaction/screen variant

If it will not solve the problem then

go for Enhanement (User Exit, BADI's, BTE's)

if it will not solve the prob, then we can copy template..meaning we can copy the object to customer name space and then make changes.

if it's complex and not solve the problem,

Then MODIFICATION was the last option. So basically this was the order.

Now after Enhancement Framework,

As per my understanding (I am new to EF), now we can make any changes to SAP code using EF bcoz of implicit and explicit enhancements, which looks to me is very strong, and after all it's enhancements as the objects are separated from SAP standard objects and store as custom objects in repository.

So my question is; do we still need to look at user exit's/badi's/BTE's or we can implement our enhancement directly thru enhancement framework more quickly because other methods requires a lot of time in researching and have limitations. Is there any drawback? Or Is the older style (BADI/User exit) has some advantage.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi

If you are interested in enhancing wd comp, all you have to do is creating an enhancement implementation by clicking the spiral icon. This is more powerful as it lets you enahnce the view's layout/methods/add attributes ...wat not in wd.

So if you dont want to modify a std wd comp, enhancing is the first and best go with wd abap components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For more clarity on this topic post it in right [Forum|;.

Lets talk about this in WD context -

a) If the required functionality can be achieved by Personalization \ Component Configuration etc like Hiding the Fields, Changing Application Header then use them first.

b) If there is a change in business logic involved which is not ideally WD stuff and you see that there is an exit provided in form of BADI's\ BTE's etc then use them because in case of BADI's etc user can create multiple implementations and based on filter criteria etc right fit BADI gets called.

c) With regards to WD one can't use BADI's and BTE's as to modify certain properties like changing the UI element properties, in this case writing post pre overwrite exits and modifying UI elements properties is easily achieved by Enhancement .

So acc to me use the best fit option that can achieve the result for you with less disruption.

Other opinions are welcome.

Regards

Manas DUa