cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO HARDCODE VALUES IN APO'S PRODUCT MASTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to hardcode few fields in the Product Master in APO, reason being is that i will not be getting the values for these fields from ECC (CIF) any more. Therefore:

1. I would like to know the procedure how to hardcode the fields in Product Master. (in APO).

2. Also i wanted to know if these hardcoded values wont get replaced/overwritten by empty fields during the next CIF transfer.

Best regards,

KING

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

King,

There seems to be something wrong with your Caps key. From time to time it apparently is sticking.

What fields are you talking about? If they originally came from ECC, and they no longer are coming from ECC, then they will stay as they are, no?

If the fields have been changed from 'something' to 'blank' in ECC, why wouldn't you want them to also be blank in APO?

There are userexits available for modifying the functionality of CIFs (such as replacing field contents). Also, I suppose it would be possible to create a regular job using MASSD that would periodically populate these fields according to your specs. I really would avoid doing anything like this without first trying to find a business solution. Mismatches between Master data in APO and ECC can be the devil to work into your solution and have it work under all scenarios.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (0)