cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field Data passing and Retrieval in Standard Web dynpro Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a Custom field in Standard Web Dynpro Component. How to Pass data to it and retrieve data for that field?

Where do I need to write a logic for it to pass it to Database and to retrieve it.

I have added a attribute in Context and bind it to UI Custom filed.

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Monica

This can be done in many ways.

It can be decided on various factors:>

where this custom field is available in db

How did u add this custom field to context either thro structure bound to context or standalone custom node

Which std component did u add this custom field to?

if you give this info it will be easy to suggest sol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Standard Web Dynpro Component /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_INV_O_BD in SRM 7.0. I have added a field at database level through Config and I am adding my custom filed to the Context from the standard structure /SAPSRM/S_CLL_INV_HDR.

How to create a tool tip for this field in Web Dynpro? Is it mandatory to make field visbile for Text and Input field.

Thanks,

Monica

Edited by: Monica Tubati on Mar 22, 2010 7:46 PM

Edited by: Monica Tubati on Mar 22, 2010 7:52 PM

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add code to the standard WD Component you have to write the code in the Pre / Post exit of any event.

Regards,

Bharat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

For the custom field you have to add the attribute to the standard structure of the object. Then it will work in the same way as for standard fields.

E.g., You have an object 'ZBP' which has DB table with fields 'Name' and 'Addr.'. Now you add the custom field (say 'Phone') to this table (by means of a customizing include). Now when the node (bound to this object structure) is instantiated, automatically this 'Phone' will also be instantiated and likewise you can handle the persistance.

On the other hand, you can have a separate DB table for the Custom Fields. You can either have direct binding or you can create attributes at runtime as well.

Best regards,

Abir