cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using sync BO for different features & accessing replica DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii all ,

I wanted to know that if suppose there are three to four features(distinct) in my application suppose (inventory is

one feature, sales is second feature ..and so on)then can all features can be synchronised using one syncBO or i have to

create seperate syncBO for each feature and if seperate are used what will be the impact of this on my application performance.

and second question is that Is there is any way by which replicaDB can be accessed using custom controls or by some apis.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

I wanted to know if by meaning custom controls, are you refering to ALV or Tree controls in SAP.

Thanks.

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii preetham,

i want to know that is it possible to access replica db through custom controls.

i m not sure can u elaborate on both ALE and tree control. is it feasible.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Devendrakumar,

Go through this..

The number of Sync Bos and the amount of data will increase the size of the data.

<b>For each sync Bo , its meta data also has to be stored on the client device. As the number of fields

mapped increases , the amount of metadata information , which is to be stored also increases.</b>

(((

In the case of DB2E , the meta data and the exact data store is located in ,

<Drive>:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\data\

In this folder , we can see the metadata information of individual SyncBos (TOP and ITEM in seperate files).

For each sync bo , we can see individual files.

In the case of File system . all data will come under as .dat files in <Drive>:\Program Files\SAP Mobile

Infrastructure\data\<Conversation ID for the particular application>\ ..

But in this case , the metadata information is stored in MCD level .I meant , all the TOPs of all the SyncBos will be in one file , and all the ITEMS of all the SyncBos will be there in another .dat file..

))))

<b>So we can conclude , the amount of data is directly proportional to the number of used syncbos and the mapped fields .</b> So it is better to map only the fields which have that much relevance..

When we think about this in another way, we can create different SyncBos , <b>if the purpose of the SyncBo is different. We can user T01 SyncBos for handling master data SO1 for transactional data , and the final T51 which has the best performance(Server driven).. But its designing and implementation much more complex than others...</b>

One more thing.. if the amount of data to be replicated using the T01 SyncBo is too large (above two GB . sometimes that can happens).., then it will throw exception..The ABAP internal memory can hold only 2GB of data in one session..

Why u want to access the replica DB using the APIs..?..

It is not recommended to access the replica DB just like an ordinary table... !!

Preetham might be talking about AVL report.. That is used to format the output.. How can we relate replica DB and ALV ??...

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since Dev had mentioned about custom controls, I wanted to clarify if he was refering to ALV control or Tree Control. Since in Replica DB the data is not stored in separate fields but as a single string characters, we need to do some more data processing for displaying data if he intended to do this. I am not sure why Dev wants to access Replica DB using custom controls.

Thanks,

Preetham

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Yes. you can have all the features in one syncbo...but then you will have write Bapi wrappers which will accomodate all your features. But I would not recommend this.

About your second question, no. RBD cannot be accessed through APIs.

Regards,

Rahul