cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Rule in Networks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm trying to create settlement rules for networks in CJ20N and facing issues. I have projects with WBS elements, networks, and activitieis (standard projects). System is allowing to maintain dettlement rules for WBS elements, but not for networks, i.e., when I go to Edit - Cost - Settlement rules, after selecting networks, the settlement rule page is coming up only in display mode. Any suggestions on what could be the root cause? FYI... I have all necessary authorizations roles in Project Systems.

Regards,

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there's no problem with the authorization then you should check the configuration.

Go to OPSC and check the settlement profile for network type in question.

In the settlement profile check whether it's set to "Not for settlement"

Hope it helps

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your answers. The solution to the issue stated here is to assign a strategy (to maintain manual settlement rules) against the network type and plant in "assign strateries and default rules to network types" in SPRO.

Closing the thread.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Nitin said, you cannot maintain Settlement rule for Activity account assigned networks. Also, as Lakshmi Narayan metioned, you can maintain default rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

When we create a Net work Order with assignment to a WBS element. No need to create a settlement rules, system will pick the WBS element as settlement receiver for the net works. This is default rule.

Thanks

Dasa

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi Narayana, Please use proper SAP Terminology, networks in PS is read as Networks not Net Works. If you split the word it has different meaning.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check if your network is header assigned or activity assigned. if the same is header assigned in that case only you can assign settlement rule at network header if the same is activity assigned in that case you need to assign settlement rule at activity level.

With Regards

Nitin P.