Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fault Message Type as a Container Message

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!

I have an issue in a BPM Process. This BPM receives an IDOC, makes a Sync Call to an external Web Service, and then the response is mapped to an inbound Idoc to enter to the ECC system again.

I've done an exception branch to handle the error that could happen in the synchronous step.. but, I'd like to catch the FaultMessage if an application error occurs.

The type of error like: "SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION"

I've added the FaultMessage Type in the Abstract Sync. Interface and the Inbound Sync Interface. But when I refreseh that step it just add me the option to catch a new exception if a FaultMessage Occurs. The fact is that I want to get that message, to send it to ECC via Idoc (in a Transformation step e.g.), but I don't know how.

¿ Is It possible ?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you managed to solve this yet? We have a similar requirement where we need to use the contents of the soap fault message in another step. If you have a solution, please can you share it?

Thanks

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brendon,

Take a look to this another thread of mine.

It seems that isn't possible.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faultmessages cannot be made as ccBPM variables.

Alternative Idea:

You can have a UDF written in the Falut message mapping. this UDF can do an lookup(RFC, JDBC & SOAP) when ever your fault message is raised with all the fault message information.

RFC lookup can be even linked to trigger alerts ( FM : S_ALERT... i think so ) from Alert management and alert the business user.

Hope this will solve the issue..

Regards,

Sunil.