Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy with EHP4

erick-acosta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am planning an homogeneous system copy in order to create a training system.

The source system: SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4 Support Package 3, Oracle 10.2.0.4, Java 1.4.2, Windows Server 2003 x64

I have read the documentation "System Copy Guide" and some SAP notes and know that, in general terms, the steps are as follows:

1.Install Java, Oracle and SAP on the target system

2.Restore a Full Backup from the source system into the target system

3.Perform follow-up activities in both systems

But it is not clear to me if I must update my target system to the Enhancement Package 4 before restoring database... or it's enough to make the basic SAP installation (provided with SAP DVDs) and then with the database restore my target system will have the EhP4.

I will appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Best Regards,

Erick Acosta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric, Yes you just need to install basic SAP components from installation master DVD using the option SAP ERP-Additional Software Life Cycle Task-<select appropriate database> -- Target System --and then select the system type based on the source like High availability, CS etc and also select the option based on source (ABAP or ABAP & JAVA).

When you reach to Database Instance option then make sure to select the Homogeneous System copy and select the database which is already restored from source.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The source system: SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4 Support Package 3, Oracle 10.2.0.4, 
Java 1.4.2, Windows Server 2003 x64

ABAP stack only?

if I must update my target system to the Enhancement Package 4 before restoring database...

EHP Installation applied the corrections/enhancements corresponding to the SPs level of your Source SAP system. All things will be at DB level (ABAP stack) of your Source System. So no need to update Target System for the same.

It's enough to make the basic SAP installation (provided with SAP DVDs) 
and then with the database restore my target system will have the EhP4.

Yes it will be enough (with ABAP Stack).

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>2.Restore a Full Backup from the source system into the target system

If I have understood correctly that your system is a JAVA stack only system, then you cannot restore a backup. You have to use the export import method.

After installation and before the import phase, you will have to update the kernel.

Regards,

Olivier

erick-acosta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for your answer.

The ERP 6.0 is a dual stack (abap/java), I know that for java stack it's necessary to make an export.

Regards,

Erick Acosta