cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Note 1436687-SAP SRM 7.0 SP Stack 06 (03/2010):Re.&Info

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of applying SP 6 (the latest) for our SRM 7 system. I am looking into this informational note:

Note 1436687 - SAP SRM 7.0 SP Stack 06 (03/2010):Release & Information Note

In this note, there is a section which states that there are a bunch of notes that need "to be applied as part of this stack". I am looking into each of these notes and not quite sure why there is a need to apply all of them. Some of the notes simply belong to the next support package (SP7), and some other notes are relevant for portal or ERP, only if some scenarios are applicable, for example, Notes for Portal-Independent Navigation Frame, e.g. 1437987.

I wonder if it is a common practice to apply future notes right after an SP upgrade. I'd appreciate it if you share your own experience in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally, some notes are recommended in addition to the current support package implementation because they were developed to solve any known issues. These known issues occurred as side effect of any note which belongs to the implemented support package.

If you take a look at older release notes, you will see the same.

This is a part of implementation stack.

1345085 SAP SRM 7.0 SP Stack 04 (09/2009):Release & Information Note

1365574 SAP SRM 7.0 SP Stack 05 (12/2009):Release & Information Note

1436687 SAP SRM 7.0 SP Stack 06 (03/2010):Release & Information Note

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for a very reasonable answer. However, any SPs, just like any new produce releases, contain bugs or side effects introduced by earlier releases/SPs. That's what future SPs are for, isn't it.