cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap notes and general site usability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't i find sap note 1219819? It was referred to me by a regular poster on the forums, http://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=3852876. if it's legitimate, then why does it not show up in searches, neither on the site or Google? Why is there no page for listing, searching and viewing sap notes? Why is it, in general, so hard to find the info I need on this site? I loathe having to use this site.

I recommend improving the search feature and make the site easy for new users to zero in on what they might be looking for.

(Rant complete)

-K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I did not know this was a professional type forum. That does explain much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Being "professional" also includes telling others to use the search and RTFM (and support contract terms).

This is the SAP Community Network (where you are now), not the SAP Support channel. Both can be professional without you having found your answer yet.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had no trouble finding it. But you have to go to the note site to get it, not SDN.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Why is there no info on this notes site? What is the URL of it?

That's the key to support. You have to assume that someone coming into a forum asking questions doesn't know what you know and you therefore have to mention the obvious little bits, because they are not readily apparent to the casual (noob) observer.

oops! Rant part II

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is a pre-cursor for extending the ponits system to OSS.

Perhaps we will see SAP Support rushing in to solve problems and creating a myriad of OSS notes of their own with cloned customers...

Just joking. The rating of SAP notes is certainly a correct approach IMO.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

This isn't a support site. Support is just a by-product of it.

Support of the software is on https://service.sap.com

Consulting type support has a grey area as large as the internet itself...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> That's the key to support. You have to assume that someone coming into a forum asking questions doesn't know what you know and you therefore have to mention the obvious little bits, because they are not readily apparent to the casual (noob) observer.

Well, this isn't a support site, it's a user forum. (actually, it's meant to be an expert forum, but we'll let that go for now). So basic knowlege is assumed.

Anyway, you can find notes at service.sap.com.

Rob