cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Trigger not working

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

We have triggers set up for terminations and org changes but nothing is being triggered. I noticed that the table /VIRSA/RULEDETT in our backend system does not have the trigger rules in it. (This table (and others) are populated in another test system). I have re-saved the rules in GRC hoping that will push them down to ECC but it hasn't. Can anyone tell me how these backend tables ( /VIRSA/RULEDETT, /VIRSA/RULEDET, /VIRSA/DATA) get populated? The only one that has entries in it is /VIRSA/FLDMAP. I am assuming this is why our triggers aren't working.

Thanks!

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

This has been resolved.

The problem seems to have occured when we did a system copy. It seems that when you do a system copy (and change the client number) you need to delete and re-add all actions, rules, and field mappings for HR Triggers. There must be some kind of internal link between these three area's. Once I deleted all configuration for HR triggers, then re-added everything again, it pushed all data to the backend system and triggers are now working.

We did not have this problem when we did a client copy.... It only quit working when we did a system copy. As part of the system copy, we changed the client number too.

Thanks,

Peggy

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

I am still having issues with my HR triggers. I followed the documents and everything is configured correctly. I still don't know why the back-end table /VIRSA/RULEDETT is not populated with my three rules I set up. I can't help but feel that this is the problem since triggers are working in another test system and this is the only difference that I can see.

I have removed the rules and added them back in hoping to fix the issue, but it hasn't.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peggy

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Both JAVA and RTA's are upgraded.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

Following is a link to "How-to-Guide" on HR Triggers.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60e91db3-49c2-2910-03a5-dec1a0905...

Please make sure your configuration(Field Mappings) is in line with steps defined in the guide.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

By the way, this used to work, but I don't know exactly when it quit working. We just upgraded to SP11 and I was trying to test.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

Did you just upgrade the front end? you need to be at certain SP level on HR RTA too.

Gerry