cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a hyperlink like functionality for e-mail address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am using adobe livecycle designer 8.

I need to open an outlook application with to: e-mail address when user clicks on text (Email address).

There is no INSERT->HYPERLINK option in this version. So I have used app.launchURL( "emailID", 1);

But the problem it is opening up an internet explorer and also outlook. But I want only outlook to open.

When I use email submit button, It is attaching PDF in the mail. But I don't want the attachment and subject.

All I want is when a static text is clicked, the outllok application should open with only to address.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Ramesh

Edited by: ramesh dsouza on Mar 22, 2010 9:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not aware of a solution, I have never face such task and never seen any solution except the mentioned one by Robert. If you don´t like it, you should probably create a simple webservice and use your button to send the data to the webservice, which will send the email for you without any visible behavior in the form. If you don´t like this one, I am afraid we don´t have anything to offer you. Maybe you can ask in Adobe forums on Adobe.com and come back to tell us the answer. But I am not sure what can they offer you....

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

just put a text field onto your form and write out your email address or whatever you want to display.

in the script editor, in the "Click" event, simply place this code (replace my address with your recipient's):

xfa.host.gotoURL("mailto:robert<dot>phelanr<at>valero<dot>com"); 

this will pop open an email addressed to the person specified in your code.

regards,

Robert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It is working same as the app.launchURL("emailaddress");

It opens a internet explorer for email address and then it is opening outlook.

My requirement is to open the outlook directly.

It should interpret it as email address only up front. But it is treating it as a website address and opening it in explorer and upon failing opening it in outlook.

Regards,

Ramesh