SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS OIL TD : Pipeline trasnportation handling batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need suggetiong on how different the process will be from Truck scenario in case of Pipeline .

Unlike truck the pipeline process is continous and mutiple loading and discharges are happening every day .

So how to hanlde this as shipment and how to close the shipment and do loss gain claculation ?

Can the loss gain per batch be possible and in that case, will I have to creae a shipment per batch and will have to close it

before creating the shipment for new batch?

Can I use the same pipline Vehicle (TD) for creating new shipment even if there is a open shipment for this vehicle

Regards, Jaspal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Truck movement is considered as a rack movement in this case shipment is scheduled when the truck is came to the terminal for loading once the loading is completed load confirmation is done in SAP. At the receiving terminal it has been checked the quantity and based on the temp it will convert the quantity and post loss/gain

Pipeline movement is considered as bulk movement generally it is used in tSW functionality where all documents created in background. Once the Nomination is scheduled and ticket is actualized all documents get posted based on the scenarios.

Thank You

Pravin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Truck movement is considered as a rack movement in this case shipment is scheduled when the truck is came to the terminal for loading once the loading is completed load confirmation is done in SAP. At the receiving terminal it has been checked the quantity and based on the temp it will convert the quantity and post loss/gain

Pipeline movement is considered as bulk movement generally it is used in tSW functionality where all documents created in background. Once the Nomination is scheduled and ticket is actualized all documents get posted based on the scenarios.

Thank You

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have worked on TSW projects so know how its done there .

But looking to use TD effectively for Pipelines in my current project .

Regards, Jaspal

0 Kudos

Hi Jaspal,

I do not aware anyone using TD functionality for Pipeline bulk movements. Generally, Pipeline TS used for daily bulk movement using batches against Ref doc like Purchasing contract or Sales contracts. TSW functionality will handle the pipeline movement. This is due to 1) Automated docs being created once the Ticket gets actualized referring to a particular nomination. 2) SPW or IPW (S4 Hana) gets updated once the scheduling completed, runtime. Hence inventory of stock maintained as the movements scheduled & actualized.

=

Hi All,

I am trying to Create multiple contracts pipeline bulk nomination. The issue we have that business team wants to have one nomination with many contracts and each contract has several batch pipeline movements. Business folks do not want 30 or 40 line items entered in the nomination. On a daily basis it is not practicale. How do you think we could achieve it?

In short: We want to show Ref. Doc Contract No. as well as aach batch numbers in a limited line items in a Nomination - is it possible, how we can do it? (Multiple Contracts and each contract will have multiple batch numbers).

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Deena