Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query: Sender JMS Adapter configuration

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying out a scenario which sends data from a Message Queue to SAP.

For this I need to configure JMS adapter in the sender side. I would like to know whether <b>should I specify any content conversion parameters like "fieldLength" or "fieldSeperator" as we do it in sender file adapter for XI's indivual field identification.</b>

If no then how the variables will get mapped properly to the XI outbound ( sender ) Structure from Message Queue???..

Bcoz I believe MQ sends the data as a single stream of characters not as individual field..

Please advice..

Regards,

Joe.

Message was edited by: Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satarupa,

Please send it.

Thanks,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

In the 'module' tab of the sender JMS adapter, u have to specify the proper module.These predefined modules do the work, u just have to specify the name of the module in adapter.That is, the specified module will take care of the message so that Xi understands which characters are for the 'name' field and so on...

I am having one doc on sender and receiver JMS adapter config.I'll send it if u give me ur email id.

Regards

Satarupa

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satarupa,

Please send the docs.

Thanks,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

I've sent the docs to the id given by u.Chk it n let me know whether they r helpful or not...

Regards

Satarupa

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satarupa,

Thanks for your reply.

But if I'm getting say a stream of 10 characters (Name - 4 characters, Address - 5 characters, Option - 1 character totally 10 characters), how the system will know it has to send first 4 characters to name defined in XI, next 5 characters to Address defined in XI and the next 1 character to Option if I don't specify the conversion parameters??

Bcoz the data flows in the same way to XI as it flows for file adapter, where we speciy the content conversion parameters which helps it to send it to the variables defined in XI accordingly.

If you've some docs on both sender and receiver JMS adapters pls. lemme know..

Thanks,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

document on JMS Adapter content conversion is available at service market place. check this link..

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&; -> How To Use the Content Conversion Module in JMS Adapter

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Ur doubt is related to the flow of data from Message queue to Sender JMS adapter, right?

In this case,there is no need to use content conversion parameters.

There is no need to create mapping also.U have to specify the module in the 'module' tab of adapter.This module takes care of mapping.The 'mapping' is done internally by the module.

Regards

Satarupa