Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP General

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I wonder why there are no more sub-forums for ABAP. When I come to ABAP general, the questions are asked like two in a minute. That gives a guy very small change to get the answer, because he´s off the "hot" list very soon.

There are more problems with this forum

- so many beginner questions, why don´t we have ABAP Beginner forum? I think that would be pretty useful!! Both for beginners and for the pros

- so many questions are about reporting, maybe if there was ABAP Reporting forum the reporting queries would move there?

I wonder if i will find anybody to support at least a single opinion. I don´t understand who want the ABAP General to be that "full" forum.

Regards Otto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- so many beginner questions, why don´t we have ABAP Beginner forum? I think that would be pretty useful!! Both for beginners and for the pros

This discussion went on for a long time and I was very much in favour of it.

Making the search more intuitive or even forcing it is however a better option than classing people. There is enough of that at work usually (depending on which company you work for).

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This discussion went on for a long time and I was very much in favour of it.

..and I continue to differ with you on that one.

Im pretty sure that will in no way help the Forums, since every n00b wants answers only from the Experts! Even if there's a Beginner's Forum, it still goes against the basic rules of SCN of "search before post".

And Im still Ranting about the fact that SCN is no longer the "Expert Forums"!!!

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

>And Im still Ranting about the fact that SCN is no longer the "Expert Forums"!!!

9 out of 10 questions are from absolute beginners with no clue about 'the client requirement for the same". That is absolutely not an"Expert Forums" even if a very small community of experts are members of the forums...

2 000 000 members, 2 000 active members, how many experts ? 50 ?

I still find some interesting questions and answers otherwise I would not still be there !

Olivier

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe if ABAP General was at the bottom of the list of ABAP forums, it would receive fewer generic hits.

matt

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The SCN beta version is good. But its tuf to find where is the forums list when comparing to the SCN previous version. Can we have any help documents or Main heading as Forums?

Thanks,

Pradeep.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a way I can move the threads to the proper forum if I am no moderator?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Report as "abuse" naming the target forum, I'll be happy to move within my abilities, I'm sure other mods will do so as well.

Thomas

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe some people can get the right to move the mis-placed thread in ABAP General to the proper forums. The situation with ABAP general is quite special.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is also "admin work" and not the most enjoyable kind.

The best option IMO is to invoke an automatic search based on the subject title before asking the question. This way they will find the best forum and might not even need to ask the question anymore.

It will also introduce the search to the newbies, who cannot yet imagine that the question has been asked and answered before.

Cheers,

Julius

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe it was a temporary problem or my computer slowdown, but I think there are slight performance problems, because there are too many users/ threads/ questions in ABAP General. Or that is not likely?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I think the current selection of sub-forums for ABAP is adequate.

To some it appears inadequate due to the number of threads in it.

However, a small look at the content clarifies the reason.

For eg, [; Thread has nothing to do with ABAP but still is in ABAP General.

I guess instead of more sub-forums, some more thought needs to go before entering a thread in a forum.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi Bhatnagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I think that adding more sub forums might be an exerciise in futility. Many of the question in ABAP general already belong in one of the sub forums. And many that are in the sub forums belong in a different one.

Rob