cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling unit has the status "goods issue posted" issue

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an unassigned/unpacked (no weight) HU lying in an outbound delivery that has been PGIed and then reversed. Now I am unable to delete the Delivery because it says HUs exist.

When I goto the HU it says I cant delete because the HU status is "Goods Issue Posted".

How do I fix this? Or if there is no way how can I remedy the process?

Here is the exact error message upon trying to delete the HU:

--

Unable to delete OBD 80272151.

Error messages received:

Delivery still contains handling units

Handling unit has the status "goods issue posted", cannot be changed 3160593 HUGENERAL 17

--

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what does it mean that you did unassign the HU from the delivery ? Did you do that by manually updating system tables while on debug ?

If that's the case could you pls. let us know which tables/fields you did change ?

Otherwise you should clarify, my impression is that in some ways the HU is still "attached" to the delivery, which explains the error message raised.

HINT: when you try to delete the delivery, you could try to trace (ST05) and, as soon as you get the error message, stop the trace and review it, this way you should get an idea at what the program is checking (thus leading you to the solution).

Have fun !

Enrico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcellus,

It been a few years since I worked with HUM and I dont have a system in front of me to mke a test but it sounds like you may have an inconsistency in the HUSSTAT table. If the delivery has been PGI reversed correctly and all updates are done, then the HU should again have status PHEX WHSE but I guess it now has the status PSTD (if you have a custom program doing PGI reversal I would look at that to make sure everything is as it should be). The good news is that SAP have a program to correct this kind inconsistency but the bad news is that it is not available in a SAP note. You can contact SAP support to make the correction. I would not advise to make a direct DB update in this case as there are one or two other HU tables which may also need to be aligned to make the situation fully consistent.

All the best,

Damien

0 Kudos

Damien thanks for he information very helpful.

I found a Note 1330401 that describes a remedy to the same problem.

The HU status doesnt get updated with the Goods Reversals take place.

Do we just ask SAP to run the program on our system, is that consulting? Are there any side effects to existing real time processes?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcellus,

At the moment I dont have access to SAP service market place so I cannot see the note. However, if the note contains a report which you can run to correct the existing inconsistency- well you can have the report imported into your system and follow the instructions contained in the note on how to run the report. Do this only if it is advised in the note and most preferably in a copy of production first. However, if the note contains only a code correction to prevent the situation occurring in future then having it implemented will not help with retrospective inconsistencies (apologies if I have over-explained this part).

If an inconsistency has been caused in your system by a bug SAP code and there is no report released to correct this then this is not consulting and SAP support will correct the issue. DB inconsistencies are not usually treated as consulting unless it is very obvious that a custom program has caused the damage.

Again, sorry I cannot be more conslusive as I dont have access to Note 1330401, you can however post the comments and the code from the note here and I will have a clearer answer for you.

All the best,

Damien

Edited by: Damien Walsh Ire on Mar 26, 2010 12:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of trying to delete the HU from outbound delivery, look for an icor for 'Delete Assignment'. Select the HUs and click on Delete Assigment then proceed with deleting delivery.

Hope this Helps

0 Kudos

Hi -

I tried that already and I get an error message, 'Deletion only through unique number range'.

Any other ideas pls?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using VL02N packing tab to attempt deletion?

Did you verify the goods reversal was sucsesfull?