cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM - SNC Work Order - BPT - Event Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to integrate SCM-SNC (Supplier Network Collaboration) Work Order generation with Event Manager. I figured SAP has given 3 standard Business Process Types on SNC ( one of those is for Replenishment Order) but none for Work Order. I took a chance and activated those 3 but it didn't trigger any evetn handler when a work order is generated in SCM for a Purchase Order created in ECC.

Questions:

Is there a standard Business Process Type given by SAP in SCM for work order?

If so, what is that BPT?

Any standard Event Handler Type defined by SAP for this work order?

Thanks in advance and appreciate any suggestions.

Best Regards

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopal,

I haven't worked with this object yet but I would put a break point at the beginning of the AOT relevance check on SCM side for all 3 BPTs to see if it actually stops in any one of these. If it does you have your answer, if it doesn/t you have your answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. Shall check it and get back to you.

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Kevin. I am researching further in that direction.

Regards

Gopal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all. I had some issue with Logical system assignment. After fixing it, I could get SNC_MSGIN worked. Now, when it creates a work order, it is able to create the event handler using SNC_MSGIN. This, I believe, is using the EDI message# generated when the PO is saved in ECC and communicated to SNC via XI. I am little bit happy atleast I could see this one. But, my real issue is still there.. i.e. for the work order generated, its not creating the handler yet.

One question though: Can we see work order generated in SCM system (not on SNC's web). I tried hard but nothing of such kind is seen in SCM GUI.

Thanks in advance,

Gopal Turaga

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopala,

Not sure about your level of ABAP knowledge but you can break point the code in several points. First is the BAdI where the SAP EM code is called (known as the Application Interface). The BAdI implementation will start with /SAPTRX/*

As an example in ECC there is the BAdI definition: WORKORDER_UPDATE with implementation /SAPTRX/PP_WOUPDATE where in method BEFORE_UPDATE the SAP EM functionality is called using FM: /SAPTRX/EVENT_MGR_COMMUNICATE. Break point it before this call and step through it.

Secondly go to the used AOTs for your BPT and put a system breakpoint in each of the relevance functions stated there. If they don't use relevance functions but instead use relevance conditions then check those conditions to see that they apply to your order. If not you'll need to configure a new relevance function.

Lastly use transaction /SAPTRX/ASAPLOG to check the application log when you save your order. It will tell you why the EH was not created in SAP EM

Thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

First of all, thanks for you replies and also issue related to rewarding points. Points system is working now.

Not sure about your level of ABAP knowledge but you can break point the code in several points. First is the BAdI where the SAP EM code is called (known as the Application Interface). The BAdI implementation will start with /SAPTRX/*

As an example in ECC there is the BAdI definition: WORKORDER_UPDATE with implementation /SAPTRX/PP_WOUPDATE where in method BEFORE_UPDATE the SAP EM functionality is called using FM: /SAPTRX/EVENT_MGR_COMMUNICATE. Break point it before this call and step through it.

+Yes, I am not much familiar with ABAP. I am a functional consultant only. I will pass your inputs to our ABAP programmer and do the further research.+

Secondly go to the used AOTs for your BPT and put a system breakpoint in each of the relevance functions stated there. If they don't use relevance functions but instead use relevance conditions then check those conditions to see that they apply to your order. If not you'll need to configure a new relevance function.

I made AOTs as always relevant and testing...

Lastly use transaction /SAPTRX/ASAPLOG to check the application log when you save your order. It will tell you why the EH was not created in SAP EM

Looked at SLG1 and its not showing anything about the other two AOTs.

Shall update you after taking ABAP programmer's help if I figure something out.

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

SAP provides three business process type towards SNC - SAP EM integration

>> Purchase order (business process type: SNC_PURORD)

>> Replenishment order (business process type: SNC_RPLORD)

>> Expected XML messages for SMI (business process type: SNC_MSGIN)

The workorder should fall under the second BPT for creation of event handler. Alternatively the expected event is generated

by report /SCA/EM_MSG_EE_CREATE for SAP SNC messages in SAP EM

- Sandeep

Author "Implementing and Configuring SAP Event Management"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Thanks for the helpful info. I looked at it those 3 already but I couldn't get the work order triggering the event handler. any further thoughts?

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum Moderator:

I have been trying hard to assign marksto the good replies but somehow, I am not successful doing it.

It says, "You have not assigned any helpful or correct points. To do this, go back to your question and click on "helpful" or "correct" next to each message. Awarding points is an important way to encourage people to answer your questions in the future. ".

I am selecting the radio button and that takes me to a screen where I can select "yes, my question has been answered" and "No, my question has not been answered yet". Either one when I select, its not going to any other screen. It not saving.

Please help if I am missing some thing. My intention is to encourage the experts replying to my questions but I am not successful in doing my part due to some technical problems.

Regards

Gopal

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopala,

Let me look in to it for you.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a problem with the point system on the forum right now. The developers are working it as a priority.