cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3 (SP9) Error message on RAR risk creation workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I got a message "multiple initiators found" in RAR.

The situation is:

(1) I am trying to kick a risk approval workflow in RAR.

(2) I had a workflow path with one approval stage, but I needed to add one more stage to the path, but since CUP does not allow a modification of already existing workflows, I created a new initiator and new workflow path.

(3) Now, I have a two initiators for risk creation.

My problem:

When I try to create a risk and trigger a workflow, I get the message. I believe this happens because I have two initiators for risk creation in CUP config. Though I realize that, there seems no way I can delete the old initiator since it is tied to a number of approved requests.

My question:

How do I eliminate or inactivate the old initiator so that I can get my new approval workflow going?

Help me.

HM

Edited by: HM on Mar 18, 2010 3:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following thread:

Note 1048452 - Unable to delete initiator from AE Workflow.

Thanks

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadama,

Thank you for valuable information. I can definitely try some.

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadama,

In the thread, Simon says "One thing to be careful of is that an "initiator" still works even if a path is DEACTIVATED."

I found it true, and I guess I need to request a SQL script to clean up data.

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt whether SAP still providing any scipt. (Some of the recent threads mentioned they stopped providing SQL scripts- Please go thru some of the old threads).

The script allows you(BASIS/DBA) to delete all the table data related to your requests. Then it allows you deleted the path.

Thanks

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

You both are right. Even if the path is deactivated the initiator is not deactivated so initiator will still look for matching path. Also, SAP has stopped providing SQL deletion script so you will have to look at all the tables starting with 'Virsa_AE' and "VT_AE'.

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Deleting a path is usually not a problem - you can deactivate it after making it a detour and removing the initiator from it.

After that you can also just delete the Initiator - no script required.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you, the problem has been solved.

What I did was:

(1) Update to SP11, which allows the archive and elimination of requests.

(2) Execute the archive and eliminationu2014this is ok for us since our current environment is a test box.

(3) Incorporate Frank's schemeu2014switch an approval path to a detour.

(4) Now, the initiator can be deleted and no longer interferes with kicking off a workflow.

Thanks!

HM