cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman Upgrade to EHP1 failing ddic activation error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installed EHP1 last night and now am installing some support packs via SPAM.

Getting ddic error and cant figure out.

The log says to look at a unix log that does not exist.

The ddic error is in

SAPK-70103INPIBASIS ddic_activation error. I have yet to find the actual object in question.

ANy help would be appreciated.

brad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

During upgrades/spam/saint the individual "transport" activation logs are dummies. Alll activation is carried out and logged in one "transport" log, usually the one with the lowest sort order.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

it appears i do have the note problem above, even though i put the note in. my first run i only went to SP02 of the EHP1 upgrade. This abap is not fixed till SP03 so basically i guess i would have had to put the note in again (which it appears it will not do) or change abap manually which i cant do now because SPAM has a lock on the abap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

restored back to before the upgrade and will ensure other notes are in and i go past EHP1 SP02.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually you CAN put the note on... You just can't use SNOTE to do so, rather you have to edit the affected ABAP manually...

which will cause you hassles down the road as SNOTE and SPAU won't recognise your repair as a note and will want you to keep your changes to the note objects..

Best plan to stop prior to needing the note...

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

The state of my upgrade was beyond repair in my opinion. Did get note in, but lots of missing objects because of the stage of the upgrade. Restored and will start over going to the latest SP this time.

thanks

brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

tp log, but still no object name?

1 ETP199X######################################

1 ETP155 ACTIVATION OF DD-OBJECTS

1 ETP101 transport order : "SAPKW70103"

1 ETP102 system : "SMP"

1 ETP108 tp path : "tp"

1 ETP109 version and release : "372.04.65" "701"

1 ETP198

3 EPU324 See log for request "/usr/sap/trans/tmp/SAPAB70103.SMP" (timestamp "09:25:09", system "SMP")

1 ETP155 ACTIVATION OF DD-OBJECTS

1 ETP110 end date and time : "20100318093017"

1 ETP111 exit code : "8"

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think it might be complaining about the known table UMGSIUUC1 note 1256384 but i put this note in already and i got past the EHP1 upgrade.

i tried downloading the note again, but it does not show up so I assume the system knows it is already in?